Jade's Monster Vegan
Chocolate Chip Cookies
(developed in Columbae)
- 5 cups unbleached white flour
- 3 cups brown sugar (not packed, so a little over 2 cups packed)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. soy lecithin (these two suboptimally replaceable with
equivalent volume of almond butter)
- 4 Tbsp. boiling water
- 1.5 cup coconut milk (just the thick part -- can be replaced by
sufficiently creamed avocado of equivalent volume)
- 0.5 cup canola oil + applesauce mixture (use your best
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1.5 - 2 Tbsp. almond butter (creamy peanut butter works)
- 5 Tbsp vanilla extract (depending on the quality)
- 3 cups chocolate chips (adjustable)
- some oats, nuts, dried fruit (optional)
1. mix all dry ingredients (flour thru salt) in large bowl until
2. forcefully agitate (beat) soy lecithin in boiling water until
egg-like in texture.
3. excavate a well in dry ingredients. create central resevoir of
lecithin and all liquid ingredients.
4. stir to homogenize liquids, then slowly incorporate dry surroundings
to form dough.
5. add chocolate chips and other goodies (if desired). mix thoroughly.
6a. "shape" into cookies onto oiled baking sheet.
7a. bake until golden brown at 350F-ish (preheated). should take 8-10
min. depending on cookie size, type and quality of coconut milk, etc. if
you're oven is uppity or just overly enthusiastic, use 325F.
for bar cookies (lazy bastard):
6b. massage evenly onto oiled baking sheet.
7b. bake until golden brown at 250-275F. may take 20-30 min. if it's
done, it won't cling to your fork when tested.
8b. cut with a sharp knife to desired size/shape.
(fills 2 Columbae baking sheets -- approx. 50-60 cookies -- double
for head cook)